Job DescriptionLocation: Lincoln, RI (Accounting Department)
Are you looking for a job in a growing industry with new products, new markets and new technology?
With locations across the country, Amica Mutual Insurance Company offers opportunities to join this dynamic field with a financially strong and respected insurance provider. Amica, based in Lincoln, RI, is a national writer of auto, home, marine and umbrella insurance. Amica Life Insurance Company, a wholly owned subsidiary, offers a full line of life insurance products.
We are recognized as a leader in customer service and credit this success to our 3,700 employees in 44 offices across the country. Our benefits package includes high-quality medical, dental and vision coverage, short-term and long-term disability insurance and more.
Our office located in Lincoln, RI is seeking an Associate Accountant. This is a temporary position with the potential for a direct hire. The selected individual will be responsible for performing various Residual Market accounting functions, including preparation of quarterly/annual financial statements. Also responsible for various regulatory report filings, account analysis, and maintenance of schedules and spreadsheets used in various internal and external reporting.
Job Functions and Responsibilities:
• Assist in preparation and recording of monthly journal entries.
• Examine accounting documents to verify accuracy and ascertain that all transactions are properly supported.
• Prepare basic work papers, schedules, exhibits and summaries.
• Prepare/create spreadsheets and other documents as specified by management.
• Assist with other Corporate Accounting activities as needed.
• May be called upon to handle other duties as required.
• Bachelor’s degree in Accounting/Finance or comparable work experience
• Knowledge of accounting principles, theories and terminology.
• Knowledge in Excel, Word Outlook
Equal Opportunity Policy: All qualified applicants who are authorized to work in the United States will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, sex, color, national origin, ethnicity, age, genetic information, disability or sexual orientation. The Age Discrimination in Employment Act prohibits discrimination on the basis of age with respect to individuals who are 40 years of age or older. Employees are subject to the provisions of the Workers' Compensation Act.