Amy, Human Resources
The fitness reimbursement and maternity leave programs are great. When I had a child, I was able to have time to spend with her, and it was really refreshing to know that my company would be there for me when I returned to work.”
I have a great deal of respect and healthy pride for the individuals I work with on a daily basis. We all want the same thing and it’s the overarching theme of what we all do: focus on our customer.”
This was my first real job out of school, and I’ve been here for more than 11 years. I’ve been lucky to work on a variety of different projects, and every few years I’ve had the opportunity to work in a different department and do something new. I’ve learned so much about the company, which has kept me engaged.”
Mark, Sales & Client Services
Amica gave me the opportunity to visit and work in different offices, where I gained experience and perspective from other managers throughout our branch system. I’ve participated in management conferences, numerous outside seminars and interacted with my peers across the country. These experiences have contributed to my career and success here.”
Greg, Corporate Information Systems
Everyone you work with at Amica treats each other with respect. You always know first and foremost that they are looking out for you and the greater good of the company. I wake up every day knowing that I’m working for something bigger – it’s not just a job.”
+ Our Programs
For more than 100 years, we’ve been dedicated to the customers, employees and communities we serve.
Amica is committed to giving back to the community by providing grants, matching gifts and sponsorships of various events. It also encourages employees to contribute by donating to their favorite charities or volunteering in their communities.
- Employee Community Involvement Program – This program provides financial gifts in the employees’ names to the nonprofit groups they support.
- Matching Gift Fund – This program provides a yearly-changed match, up to $1,000, for employee donations to certain types of organizations.
- Amica Gives Program – As volunteers, employees have the opportunity to represent the company at a variety of sponsorship events throughout the year.
- Amica Volunteer Day Program – Volunteer Day allows employees to spend a work day volunteering for a qualified organization.
- Amica Companies Foundation – This foundation funds the company’s charitable endeavors, which range from supporting local nonprofit charities to providing emergency relief after natural disasters.
- I Care Day – Employees receive one vacation day a year by pledging to donate to a charitable organization through payroll deduction.
The company proudly awards donations to health organizations, hospitals, libraries, schools, museums and other deserving institutions.
At Amica, diversity is not just about how we are different, but also how we are similar.
Amica supports a work environment that makes all employees feel valued, respected and able to fully contribute. We feel each employee brings new, innovative ideas to our company and broadens our perspectives.
Throughout the year, we have events to recognize and celebrate diversity both inside and outside of our organization.
Here are a few characteristics of diversity at Amica:
- We feel a diverse workforce allows us to understand and respond to the needs of our increasingly diverse customer base.
- Individuals in each our of branch offices are part of our diversity team, helping to spread the word to our employees across the country.
- Amica actively seeks job applicants from diverse candidate pools, as we know that employees from diverse backgrounds have contributed to the success of our company throughout our long history.
+ Financial Strength
Stability, respect and strength – Amica is the place to build a solid career with an exciting future.
As a mutual insurance company, Amica has the financial strength and thoughtful leadership to provide a solid foundation for your career. At the base of our business is our long-term, conservative philosophy and sound financial management, which has helped Amica be a stable, secure company with consistent growth.
A.M. Best, a leading insurance rating agency and the nation’s authority on insurance company financial stability, has given the financial strength rating of A+ to Amica Mutual Group (Amica).1
1A.M. Best Company. Feb. 3, 2017. For the latest rating, access ambest.com.