When you’re prepared for challenges, anything is possible. At Amica, we provide our employees with training that empowers them to give our customers the best possible service. And our promote-from-within philosophy offers endless opportunities to learn, grow and develop your skills.
We offer a variety of jobs at our corporate office in Lincoln, RI, and many other opportunities for those in our offices countrywide. Our corporate office has positions in accounting, claims, communications, IT, marketing, sales and client services and more. In our branch offices, we have many positions in customer service and claims with room to grow.
+ Training and Development
Professional challenges require exceptional preparation. Find them both at Amica.
Our Training and Development department is here to support you every step of the way, with a variety of development opportunities and chances to network with coworkers and company leaders. As part of our promote-from-within philosophy, we feel it is essential to provide our employees with continual development opportunities throughout their careers. We provide a variety of technical, communication and leadership development trainings to continually coach our employees and give them the tools they need to perform at their highest potential.
Future Leaders Program
The Future Leaders Program provides an incredible opportunity for associate adjusters and associate account managers to learn all that Amica has to offer and establish a solid career foundation.
During the seven-week paid training program at our corporate headquarters in Lincoln, RI our new hires are exposed to what differentiates Amica – our people! Here are a few things you’ll experience:
- Learning about our products, services, and systems and the value Amica places on relationships
- Networking with Amica’s leadership team and your fellow adjusters and account managers
- Working side by side with current employees and trainers to learn new skills
- Participating in presentations and discussions facilitated by executives of the company
- Becoming immersed in our culture and learning what makes Amica a great place to work
- With all of these professional development opportunities, the Future Leaders Program provides the resources and training necessary to successfully start your career.
Please look below to see what incredible career opportunities the Future Leaders Program can open for you! This is the start of something special.
Developing talent is a core responsibility of leaders at Amica. We exclusively promote from within, so developing talent is essential to our long-term success. Many managers and executives in our company started out in the Future Leaders Program or other entry-level positions and had the opportunity to learn about the business while receiving one-on-one mentoring. We spend the necessary time and resources to ensure our talent is the best in the industry.
Promote from within
Leadership opportunities are available at every level here at Amica and we are committed to providing you with the support needed to help you progress. These opportunities will offer extensive training, on-the-job experience, personal career development and a professional network of support to help you grow. We outline the leadership behaviors required for success and work with you on developing a personalized plan to enhance your career opportunities and continuously develop your skills. This plan is designed by you and your mentor, and financially supported by Amica. We offer equal opportunity for advancement within all departments.
Amica’s recruiting team routinely visits college campuses and job fairs to seek bright, motivated and talented individuals to join our award-winning team.
+ Challenging Assignments and Advancement
We offer countless opportunities to learn, grow and succeed.
The new world of insurance includes new products, new markets and new technology. With offices across the country, you’ll find many opportunities to work on exciting and challenging initiatives that will expand your skills and your horizons. This is a great way to advance and build your career.
An important part of our training program is explaining Amica’s commitment to promote from within. This means that Amica looks within our current talent pool to move employees up the corporate ladder. As entry-level managers progress in their careers and relocate to different areas of the country, they experience diverse claims or sales environments and different-sized offices that will develop the skills and experience necessary for them to become leaders. Amica sees mobility as an organizational strength and prefers that management-track employees remain mobile to create the best career opportunities for them and for the company.
With branch offices across the country, there are many locations for you to grow your career.
Amica is committed to assuring a smooth transition for our relocating employees. We offer one of the most comprehensive and generous relocation programs nationally for new hires, trainees and current employees. In addition, two seasoned relocation coordinators are on site and ready to assist in managing your relocation. We understand the stress and commitment associated with making this type of career decision. Applicants are encouraged to contact us to discuss their specific relocation concerns.
Amica has 44 branch offices across the country.
See where our offices are located.
Eligibility for Relocation Program
The relocation program is applicable for those employees hired or selected as entry-level managers or above who meet the time and distance test to qualify for a moving expense deduction under IRS regulations.
The following is an overview of our relocation benefits:
- Movement of personal belongings - We provide reasonable moving expenses from primary residence using a commercial van line or the use of rental truck, and shipment of small items via UPS, if necessary. Shipment of personal car will be considered.
- Transportation to new location - We help with transportation of employee and immediate dependents to new location. If a personal car is used, reimbursements include mileage, tolls, parking, meals and hotel costs while in transit (receipts are required).
- Temporary living expenses at destination - We provide up to 30 days lodging in a fully-furnished apartment.
- Renter reimbursements - We reimburse you for a lease-breaking fee (typically reimbursement of lost security deposit), apartment search and/or roommate search fee, with prior approval, and $2,000 for miscellaneous expenses.
- Homeowner reimbursements - We reimburse up to $3,000 in sales or purchase-related expenses and $4,000 for miscellaneous expenses.
- Other - We offer assistance for spouses who were employed full time and had to terminate employment due to relocation. Job search assistance includes a $1,500 severance check and up to $250 for recertification and/or licensing fees.
We have rental car reimbursement for those who qualify, which includes up to two weeks use of rental car at either origination or destination while personal car is being transported or while personal car is being purchased.